Juice cleanses are a great way to boost your overall wellbeing as they allow your digestive system to rest, whilst you detox, inducing optimal nutrition conditions for healing and rebuild. Cleanses are also a great way to reset your habits and relationship with food. Food is often consumed as a distraction, as such, the cleanse is the perfect opportunity to observe how being without it makes you feel, and what thoughts/emotions arise.
WHY COLD PRESSED:
Cold pressed juice is made with a special juicer that uses hydraulic pressure and a slow pulverizer to juice fruit and veggies. Normal juicers, known as centrifugal juicers, use an ultra fast spinning blade to extract the juice. The blades spin so quickly they generate heat. This heat ends up breaking down the important enzymes in the fruit and vegetables. The rapid spinning also lets air into the mix, oxidising the juice, which further breaks down its nutrients. This results in a less nutritionally beneficial juice.Coldpressed juice retains circa 30% more nutrients.
WHAT IT ENTAILS:
You can choose to do a 1, 3, 5 or 7 day cleanse. Each day consists of 4 x 500ml personalized cold pressed juices and 2 x 330ml nut mylks. For maximum nutritional benefit, the juices are predominantly made with vegetables. At most an apple goes into each, but don’t worry, the flavours are balanced by the citrus and herb contents, so are still palatable.
Before you start the cleanse, you will complete a pre-cleanse survey, identifying your health goals and anything you dislikes or are intolerant to, this way, we can design the program to work for you.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE CLEANSE:
- Don’t be surprised if your energy levels are low during the initial phase of the cleanse, so make sure you take plenty of rest and don’t push yourself too hard physically.
- Depending on your lifestyle, you may experience some withdrawal symptoms from caffeine or sugar.The symptoms you’re likely to experience will be mild headaches and/or mood swings. Try to persevere as these should ease after the first few days.
TIPS FOR AFTER THE CLEANSE:
- Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Soups and bone broth are a great way to continue the gut healing process. Eat small amounts and take your time to chew.
- Avoid alcohol, dairy, grains and animal protein for at least the first day after the cleanse and if possible, the first three.
- You can re-introduce coffee but be mindful of how much you consume as you’re likely to be more sensitive to the caffeine.
- This is a great opportunity for you to reset your relationship with food, so think about the healthy habits you’d like to introduce and plan out your nutrition accordingly.